Nothing can top drinking a Violet Sake or another Disney drink in the Disney parks themselves. But we’re all doing our part to stay home and #flattenthecurve, so that’s not possible right now. No worries though, I’ve got the recipe you need to bring Disney magic to your home.
Today I’ll be showing you how to make the famous Violet Sake drink from Epcot’s Japan pavilion. It’s actually really easy to make and trust me, it really does taste just like it does in Epcot! I was so surprised at how simple and true to taste it was!
Let’s take a look at the ingredients you need…
- Sake – Find it at your liquor store or if you’re in a bigger city, your grocery store of choice. Doesn’t matter what kind you get, but I got plum sake for the extra grape taste
- Monin Desert Pear Syrup – You pretty much have to get this on Amazon. I haven’t seen in any stores or even liquor stores, unfortunately, but it is affordable and available on Prime! Click here (affiliate link) to grab it!
- Cocktail Shaker – You might likely have one but if not, this is a good investment to get for this time of quarantine. Click here (affiliate link) for a simple and affordable one!
- Water – Tap water is fine (3/4 cup)
- Ice – Straight outta the freezer… or your hands if you’re Elsa
You want to start by filling your cocktail shaker with ice (I do about 3/4 of the way full). Then add in 2.5 oz of sake and 2 oz of syrup.
Pro tip: I use a shot glass for measuring. A typical shot glass is around 1.5 ounces. Adjust accordingly if yours is bigger or smaller than usual.
Add in a 3/4 cup of water to your shaker, put on the lid, and shake well! 30 second to a minute should be plenty long enough.
Grab a glass, add some ice to it to keep the chill, and pour!
And now you can sit back and enjoy this alcoholic grape jolly rancher drink like you’re in Epcot!